Farm To Work is a partnership between worksites and their local farmers. It is supported by Sustainable Food Center of Austin (SFC), the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS), and WebChronic LLC.
These partnerships create markets for local farmers to sell nutritious, sustainably grown produce directly to the staff of participating organizations. Through this web site, their employees can learn about local food, download recipes, and order a basket of fresh, locally grown produce delivered right to work.
Through the Farm to Work program, SFC and our partners:
- Provide worksites and employees with access to fresh, locally-grown fruits and vegetables.
- Facilitate direct sales for family farmers.
- Promote awareness of the food system and educate consumers about sustainable food and farms.
- Offer educational opportunities for employees and their families about the importance of fresh food and nutrition
Read other articles on Farm to Work:
- Vegetables Take On Office Doughnuts When Farms Connect With Workers. - NPR
- Farm to work: Newest trend in organic vegetables. -KSAT
- Bringing The Farm To Work -Edible Austin
- Connecting Farmers and Workplaces -CDC